Finished my first A12

Post questions or comments about the A12 here.

Finished my first A12

Postby jmettam » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:41 am

Hi All,

Just finished my first A12 kit!

I have to say that Tim deserves all the praise that he gets. Great kit, design, components, and sound! Clearly a lot of pride and personal attention goes into these kits.

There are a couple of notes missing from the assembly instructions that will save a little time and worry when they are updated but I was eventually able to find the answers to my questions here on the forums.

The one thing I found a bit odd was adjusting R16 seemed to have no effect. The voltage between pins 4 and 6 of U1 was a solid 0V so I am not too worried but I turned R16 several turns in either direction and it made no difference at all. Does that sound normal?

Thanks Tim, can't wait to start my next one!

- John
jmettam
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:33 am

Postby jmettam » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Just Finished A!@ #2 and all went as smoothly as the first. Went a little faster the 2nd time of course.

Now I have a stereo pair for drum overheads!

Can't wait to build some N72s!

- John
jmettam
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:33 am


Return to A12

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests