A12 intermittent

Post questions or comments about the A12 here.

A12 intermittent

Postby packagebear » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:12 pm

So one of my a12s is on the fritz.

Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it's just dead no signal.

When it's not moving sound. If I grab a mic and run very high spl into it it will open back and then work again.

Any ideas on what to look at? Nothing looks obviously burnt

thanks
kris
packagebear
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:33 am

Postby tpryan » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:26 pm

It's almost certainly a bad solder joint somewhere, but you should verify that the op-amp supply voltages are correct and there's no DC on the op-amp output.
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm

Postby packagebear » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:43 pm

I reflowed just about every solder joint and it seems to be working..

I'm not 100% sure on the supply voltages.. I basically just redid step #33-35 of the assembly guide.. I'm assuming that was what I supposed to do.

Thanks again Tim.

Kris
packagebear
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:33 am


Return to A12

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests