Need help ordering, Please help.!!!

Post general questions or comments about electronics and kit building here. Save specific questions for the forums below.

Need help ordering, Please help.!!!

Postby yavuz » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:31 pm

I just ordered 2 X j99s and Ch01KF .
Does that come with a power supply?

I would like 120/240V capable if possible?

Should I order PS03 seperately?
Or.. is it included in CH01?
yavuz
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:19 am
Location: New York

Postby tele_player » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:23 pm

The PS03 is not included, so you need to order that.

Also, the J99 does not include the op amps. You can order them from John Hardy. The best choice is the 990c, and each J99 uses two of them.
tele_player
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:09 pm

Postby yavuz » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:08 am

tele_player \$m[1]:The PS03 is not included, so you need to order that.

Also, the J99 does not include the op amps. You can order them from John Hardy. The best choice is the 990c, and each J99 uses two of them.


OK, where do I order the John Hardy OpAmps?
Can you supply link tele?
yavuz
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:19 am
Location: New York

Postby yavuz » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:15 am

OK, I found them but they are $50 each.
So, does that mean I need to spen $100 extra for each j99?
yavuz
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:19 am
Location: New York

Postby tele_player » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:44 am

Yes, that is correct, but the result is worth it. The J99 is a wonderful preamp. Check the price on the John Hardy site for the 'Jensen Twin Servo', which is the same basic design.
tele_player
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:09 pm

Postby yavuz » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:11 am

OK, got it. Thanks.

Are there any samples to compare the all 4 pres?

I was originally thinking to make 4 X J99s + 4 X N72s
However, I am curious about A12s and C84s.

How does the sound compare?

Also, I checked out the tools list.
Where is a good source to buy them all?

I have only soldered guitar pickups sofar.
So, I have a very very cheap radio shack sodering iron and
another soldering guy which I think will not be good for fine soldering since the tip is thick.

Can you at least help me out for critical tools like
Soldering station, digital multimeter etc...?

I really appreciate this tele.
You have helped me out in DUC before buying Mac Mini as well.

Thanks...
yavuz
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:19 am
Location: New York


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests