heat sink is touching R14??

Post questions or comments about the CH02 and OneShot here.

heat sink is touching R14??

Postby deadboy » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:00 am

I dont know if anyone else has this problem , but when I try to set the heatsink for L317, it touches the eyelet and bare lead of R14.

How do I keep this from happening?

There needs to be some new assembly instructions for the new version of the ps02.
deadboy
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:07 am
Location: san francisco bay area

Postby tpryan » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:46 am

Does the heat sink look like this? http://rocky.digikey.com/WebLib/Aavid/W ... B00000.jpg

I suspect not. It should fit entirely on the copper region under the regulator, and not overlap at all. Don't power it up with a big heatsink that might cause a short, better to not use one at all.
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm

Postby deadboy » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:27 am

no it does not look like that. Now I did get those narrow ones with the j99 kit. But I got a wider one with my pso2 kit. Maybe the wide one is from and older version of the board, cause my board revison is the newest one. dont know really. Hey tim can you tell me where to get the smaller heatsink?
deadboy
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:07 am
Location: san francisco bay area


Return to Chassis and Power Supplies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests