Hello,
I've just finished building 8 modules, 6 A12s and 2 J99s. They all passed the voltage tests etc, so i put them all in the rack and discovered the following.
Preamp1 is intermittent, sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesn't work at all. I noticed a few things that might shed some light: I was monitoring some music through a phantom powered mic when it cut out, when i switched the phantom power off it immediately kicked back in, but obviously the level died away, and when i switched the phantom power back on it was working. When i was doing the voltage set up on this one, i remember winding it up towards either + or - 24v (it has has SC10), the voltage dropped to close to 0v and remained there. I came back to it and it was working fine again, so i continued winding it up.
Preamp4 is quiet. It produces a signal around about 7 db quieter than all the rest. The trim control only increases the level by about 1 db as opposed to 5 in all the rest.
Preamp 3 (a12) and Preamp 8 (which is a J99) don't null effectively when the trim level is on maximum but they do when the trim in on minimum. All the rest null effectively at both settings.
Please let me know where to start in trying to troubleshoot this lot.
Cheers
Phil
