Grayhill Switch

Post questions or comments about the A12 here.

Grayhill Switch

Postby reypina » Mon May 19, 2008 5:02 am

I made a very dumb mistake. Without explaining the reason of my stupidity, I put two of the little stop pins in the grayhill switch, keeping the gain settings of the A12 between 10 and 12. I tried to remove the pin at 10, with no success. Is there any way of removing this pin?

If not, is this the correct part?
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea ... -02PAJS-ND

It seems to me that it would be very difficult to remove the switch because of its numerous contacts, is there any recommended way or tools to do this? I really hope I don't need to replace the switch.

Thanks.

Rey
reypina
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:55 pm

Re: Grayhill Switch

Postby dkatz42 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:47 am

reypina \$m[1]:Is there any way of removing this pin?

It's possible to take the switch apart by removing a few screws. At this point it sounds like you have nothing to lose in trying it. Take your time, be careful, keep track of parts and orientation. You should be able to reach the pin by pulling off just one of the wafers; then you can grab the end with a pliers.

I had to take one apart for some reason that now escapes me, but it all turned out fine.
dkatz42
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:11 pm

Postby Randyman... » Tue May 20, 2008 9:22 pm

Try using a magnet to get it out!
Just trying to get by...
Randy V.
8x A12; 4x N72; 2x J99; 2x C84
Randyman...
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: Houston, TX

success!

Postby reypina » Wed May 21, 2008 5:20 am

Thanks guys for your input and help. I had tried the magnet thing, but it just wasn't the right magnet. I bought a 'magnetic pick-up tool' and it pulled it right out. My A12 thanks you.

Best,

rey
reypina
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:55 pm

Postby Randyman... » Wed May 21, 2008 3:09 pm

Cool. I had to use the Magnet Trick once before on a Grayhill switch, too :) Those little magnetic grabbers work perfectly!

:cool:
Just trying to get by...
Randy V.
8x A12; 4x N72; 2x J99; 2x C84
Randyman...
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: Houston, TX


Return to A12

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

cron