Help. MaNY STUPID QUESTIONS...

Post questions or comments about the CH02 and OneShot here.

Help. MaNY STUPID QUESTIONS...

Postby JKX » Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:45 am

When following the directions on the website and hooking up the molex for the switch, I blew the fuse. The instructions on the site must be wrong. The directions say to hook the wires from the center of the switch to holes one and two. Maybe I am wrong on which holes are one and two. I think more clarification needs to be provided here.

I used the photos as a guide to hook up the jmpers for 110 volts for J4. Could this be wrong also? The photo shows the plug with the tabs toward the front and (from left to right) holes one and three and holes two and four jumpered.

I also could not find the pad above the fuseholder to use as a ground point. (to hook to the ground plug on the power recepticle0.

I also have 6 leds on my power out connector (J2) instead of the four in the photos and diorections. How do I hook that up??? Do I have a PS1??
This is the supply that came in the chassis I bought for the N72.

The kit seems like a great one as far as quality etc. except for documentation which, so far, seems lacking. Or I am dense..???

-jc
JKX
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:29 am
Location: Portsmouth, Ohio

PS02

Postby tpryan » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:55 am

It sounds like you've actually got a PS02, and are trying to follow the instructions for the PS01. They're perfectly useful as a general guide to assembly, but you must refer to the PS02 schematic to get the external connections right.

Step-by-step instructions for the PS02 have been in the works for some time, and should be up by Monday. Until then, if you really need some pictures, connect the jumper and switch like so:

Image
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm

Postby JKX » Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:26 pm

Thanks for the pics and I will watch for more info Monday. :) One other problem though.. I did not get a schematic for the power suply...
:(
-jc
JKX
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:29 am
Location: Portsmouth, Ohio

Postby JKX » Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:59 pm

OK, I found the schematic on the website. :D This answers the question of how to hok up the power switch. However it raises other quetions. .. mainly, how do you recommend hooking up the power ground to the places it shows on the schematic it is electrically common to? :?: Guess I'll have to wait until Monday for that one. :(
JKX
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:29 am
Location: Portsmouth, Ohio

Grounding

Postby tpryan » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:30 am

I'm afraid I don't understand your question. All you need to do is wire the modules (J1 on N72) to the power supply (J2 on PS02) in a 1:1 fashion, and all the grounds will be connected correctly.
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm

Postby JKX » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:31 pm

I was talking about the ground on the AC connector coming into the power supply, but thankfully I found out what to do as the directions were posted Sunday evening. As per the directions you solder a 6" piece of wire to it and connect a lug. Then you put it on the back bottom screw that hold the divider in place. No prob. All done. I now have a fully fuctioning PSO2.

Thanks for the help. Now on to the two N72 channels..... :D
JKX
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:29 am
Location: Portsmouth, Ohio


Return to Chassis and Power Supplies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron