Page 1 of 1

mu metal shielding on pre-assembled chassis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:15 pm
by thebearingedge
Hi, Tim-

I just got two A12's done. My Chassis with PSU look like they're all put together but there isn't any mu metal shielding taped to the divider. The build instructions and bill of materials mention a piece of shielding being stuck to the divider but I didn't get one. I wanted to confirm that either I don't need it or I should have gotten it.

Thanks!

Me too!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:36 am
by Ken Schumacher
I have the exact same question. Nothing is taped to the shield divider on my pre-assembled chassis. I had a problem with hum on a C84 in slot one that went away when I moved it to slot 7 (away from the power supply). Is the mu metal incorporated into the divider, or am I missing some shielding material? Eventually I plan to fill up the chassis.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:29 pm
by tpryan
If your divider is shiny it's made of mu-metal, not steel. There is no need for the foil wrap.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:56 am
by jmoore
Is the new mu-metal shield something that can be purchased directly from SCA? I've got a little bit of hum at the highest gain settings and I'm not sure that the better shielding isn't all I need to fix the problem. Either way, it seems like it'd be worth the money to try.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:19 am
by tpryan
I think we have a few extra, send an e-mail directly to sales@seventhcircleaudio.com and we'll quote it.