Page 1 of 1

PS3 and N72 version 2 power molex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:53 am
by otherworldrec
Hi Everyone

I'm stoked....I'm actually in the finishing stages of the pres....yeah

the questions is: the new PS3 has a 6 pin molex and the N72v2s have a 4 pin molex. How do I convert this without problems?

Thanks

Scott Wilson
OtherWorld
otherworld at wi dot rr dot com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:05 pm
by Sean Halley
Sure Scott - it's only taken you - what? - over 2 years to finally build em'?

:)

It's been months since I built mine, but I seem to remember the PS03's rails having the ground repeated every other, so the positive 30V rail is Pin 1, the negative 30V rail is Pin 3 and the 48V rail is Pin 5...with grounds in between.

Does that make sense? I've never seen the schematic for your version of the N72 (it has the regulators doesn't it? If not you'll have to step down the voltage with a Zener diode or something), but I imagine that four pins would basically get you the two bipolar rails, the phantom rail, and the ground. Just figure out from your original instructions which pins were which, and then patch them accordingly.

That being said, it's entirely possible I'm talking directly out of my ass - and if so, I apologize, as the view can't be great from back there at my age :)

Sorry for my lack of friendly energy at NAMM BTW - it was brutal this year for the presenters...I wuz tired....


S..