PS03 installation...Help?

Post questions or comments about the CH02 and OneShot here.

PS03 installation...Help?

Postby Nerdyrocker » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:13 pm

Hey guys. I just got my PS03 kit in today with the chassis. There are a handful of parts that I do not know what they are for. There are:

3 plastic feet with peel and stick adhesive on the bottom.
A plastic piece that folds up and it looks like it would wrap around the power cable.
A round tube (it looks and feels like a magnet but has no strength to pick anything up)

Any ideas? How about installation instructions for the PS03. A lot of it looks the same. While I am out tonight, I hope to pick up a molex tool. Those guys are smaller than I thought. I am glad that Tim supplied the wire. Thanks!

Any help would be appreciated.
"For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."
Nerdyrocker
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby jimi » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:00 pm

are these the same parts as those pictured in http://www.chowhouse.com/~james/sca/day1.html fifth pic down? i couldn't figure these parts out either.
jimi
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:56 am

Postby Category 5 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:05 pm

THe clamshell and magnet combo is the RF shield for the power cable, I think...and the rubber feet are probably for those who plan to use the unit out of the rack. the full chassis is pretty heavy, and setting it on a desk or table will probably scratch the surface without rubber feet.

I didn't get those parts with my kit, but I built mine a year ago.

Nice photo essay BTW. That could be helpful to those wary about building the kits.

Here are some more...

http://www.pbase.com/sbushman/test_images&page=all
Category 5
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:08 pm

Postby Karl » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:05 pm

Can we get a confirmation on where these mystery parts go for sure? I am stumped on exactly where to install mine as well.
Karl
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:34 pm
Location: Ft. Wayne, IN

Postby tpryan » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:13 am

The clamp-on ferrite goes over the chassis end of the AC power cord. Mount the solid ferrite at the top of the chassis divider using two adhesive anchors and wire ties. Feed the 6 wires that make up the power harness through the ferrite. Photos are coming soon.
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm

Postby Karl » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:04 am

Sorry, I'm very NEW at this...

Just so I'm clear here: "the chassis end of the AC power cord", that would be what, exactly? The actual IEC power cable that plugs into the wall/back of the chassis? If so, just clamp it on anywhere on the IEC power cable, should I loop it around once?

The "chassis divider" is the piece that goes between the PS03 and 1st module mounting position, right? Should we "loop" those through as well, or just run through the middle is fine? (Sorry, I'm not with my kits, so I can't see 'em at the moment). And, the ferrite would be mounted in the PS03 compartment, not the pre area, right?

I'm sorry, I need a little more descriptions here, or pictures, that would be best... when and where would the pictures be accessable?

Thank yoU!!
Karl
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:34 pm
Location: Ft. Wayne, IN

Postby tpryan » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:21 am

Just so I'm clear here: "the chassis end of the AC power cord", that would be what, exactly? The actual IEC power cable that plugs into the wall/back of the chassis?


Yes.

If so, just clamp it on anywhere on the IEC power cable


No, at the chassis end, just behind the IEC connector.

should I loop it around once?


It just clamps on, you won't be able to loop it.

The "chassis divider" is the piece that goes between the PS03 and 1st module mounting position, right?


Yes.

Should we "loop" those through as well, or just run through the middle is fine?


No looping necessary.

And, the ferrite would be mounted in the PS03 compartment, not the pre area, right?


Correct.

when and where would the pictures be accessable?


They'll be available on the new PS03 pages, which aren't up on the site yet.
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm


Return to Chassis and Power Supplies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests