HELP - Putting it together - front panel woes!
So after nearly a year of putting these things together, I now have 2 A12's, 2 N72's, 2 J99's, and 2 A12-bastards with Forssell JFET opamps, Yamaha input Tranny and older steel core Jensen output.
They all work - and sound fantastic! but, I have never put the front panel on my CH01.
Since all 8 are done, I want to put it together and am having problems. The threads for the pots/Grayhill switches are binding on the front panel. I even took one card out of the chassis to make sure it wasn't the combination of 8 and alignment issues.
I even had to "screw in" the power switch, because it had the same binding problem.
Anyone else have this issue?
What is the suggested fix - open up the holes with x-acto to get rid of paint overspray or the next bigger drill bit (recommended sizes)? I really don't want to screw up the screen printing.
Suggestions are welcome, umm... needed! It's time to make this thing pretty rather than just sitting in the rack...
They all work - and sound fantastic! but, I have never put the front panel on my CH01.
Since all 8 are done, I want to put it together and am having problems. The threads for the pots/Grayhill switches are binding on the front panel. I even took one card out of the chassis to make sure it wasn't the combination of 8 and alignment issues.
I even had to "screw in" the power switch, because it had the same binding problem.
Anyone else have this issue?
What is the suggested fix - open up the holes with x-acto to get rid of paint overspray or the next bigger drill bit (recommended sizes)? I really don't want to screw up the screen printing.
Suggestions are welcome, umm... needed! It's time to make this thing pretty rather than just sitting in the rack...