Page 1 of 1

Power Harness

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:48 am
by mrosso
Can anyone give me the suggested length of the 6-wire power harness? I made one about 19" to match the rack and it ended up looking way too small. Please post the length of the wire from PS02 header to first preamp and the distance between each preamp. I'm using both molex and the mta connectors.
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:18 am
by Category 5
I think I gave about 6" between molex connectors on mine. You want to give room between the modules so that mounting/removing the modules isn't more difficult than it needs to be.

There are no ill effects from using a little extra wire between the connectors, so do it and spare your knuckles the future anguish.

Harness - thanks Category5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:37 pm
by mrosso
Thanks for the advice. I'll do that.