Power Harness

Post questions or comments about the CH02 and OneShot here.

Power Harness

Postby mrosso » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:48 am

Can anyone give me the suggested length of the 6-wire power harness? I made one about 19" to match the rack and it ended up looking way too small. Please post the length of the wire from PS02 header to first preamp and the distance between each preamp. I'm using both molex and the mta connectors.
Thanks
mrosso
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:16 am

Postby Category 5 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:18 am

I think I gave about 6" between molex connectors on mine. You want to give room between the modules so that mounting/removing the modules isn't more difficult than it needs to be.

There are no ill effects from using a little extra wire between the connectors, so do it and spare your knuckles the future anguish.
Category 5
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:08 pm

Harness - thanks Category5

Postby mrosso » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:37 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that.
mrosso
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:16 am


Return to Chassis and Power Supplies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests