Page 1 of 1
external ps

Posted:
Sun May 15, 2005 5:01 pm
by davidkakon
Is it possible to remove the PS from the chassis and build an external chassis for it? Im looking to reduce some interference in my rack
david

Posted:
Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:33 pm
by kid
Anyone have experience with doing this? I also was interested in making the power supply external.

Posted:
Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:17 pm
by tpryan
Why?

Posted:
Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:41 pm
by davidkakon
noise

Posted:
Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:24 am
by markwayne
Yes, I did that although in my case it was because I was setting 4 modules in a side by side config in a 1u case and there was simply no room left for the PS. It works great.
Wayne

Posted:
Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:35 pm
by kid
I have 4 older original N72's with a PS01 in a shabby looking original chassis. I also have 4 spaces left in the newer nicer silk screen rack with a PS02 power supply. If I can put the PS01 in an external box and run a cable into the new chassis to power the old N72 modules I can eliminate the older rack and not have to modify the N72's to work with the higher voltage of the PS02. Does this make sense or anyone have any other ideas?

Posted:
Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:54 am
by tpryan
That'll work.