external ps

Post questions or comments about the CH02 and OneShot here.

external ps

Postby davidkakon » Sun May 15, 2005 5:01 pm

Is it possible to remove the PS from the chassis and build an external chassis for it? Im looking to reduce some interference in my rack

david
davidkakon
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 5:08 pm

Postby kid » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:33 pm

Anyone have experience with doing this? I also was interested in making the power supply external.
kid
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:23 pm
Location: Sea Cliff, New York

Postby tpryan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:17 pm

Why?
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm

Postby davidkakon » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:41 pm

noise
davidkakon
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 5:08 pm

Postby markwayne » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:24 am

Yes, I did that although in my case it was because I was setting 4 modules in a side by side config in a 1u case and there was simply no room left for the PS. It works great.

Wayne
markwayne
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:01 am

Postby kid » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:35 pm

I have 4 older original N72's with a PS01 in a shabby looking original chassis. I also have 4 spaces left in the newer nicer silk screen rack with a PS02 power supply. If I can put the PS01 in an external box and run a cable into the new chassis to power the old N72 modules I can eliminate the older rack and not have to modify the N72's to work with the higher voltage of the PS02. Does this make sense or anyone have any other ideas?
kid
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:23 pm
Location: Sea Cliff, New York

Postby tpryan » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:54 am

That'll work.
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm


Return to Chassis and Power Supplies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests