MU METAL SHIELD

Post questions or comments about the CH02 and OneShot here.

MU METAL SHIELD

Postby csonics » Fri May 13, 2005 6:45 am

Hey guys. I was wondering if anybody had any insites into what type of mu metal shielding to use over the tranny. I've talked to Tim and he recommended a company but when I got there I realized that there are many different types of shielding. Does anybody know what specs for the PS02?
csonics
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:50 am
Location: Minneapolis

Postby tpryan » Sun May 15, 2005 1:32 pm

The Magnetic Shield Corp part number is CP050-30-14. That'll get you a 30"x14" sheet, which I think is the smallest you can order. Expect to pay at least $50, probably more. You may be able to find it in smaller quantities from audiophile accessory shops, do a search.
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm

report

Postby csonics » Mon May 16, 2005 7:22 am

Hi guys, I contacted Magnetic shield Corp and they ended up quoting me a price of $346.75 for that 30"x14" sheet. I thought that was a litte high so I was wondering if anybody else had gotten it at a lower rate.
csonics
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:50 am
Location: Minneapolis

Postby Jarek » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:51 am

http://www.advancemag.com/

They ask $109 for a kit.
Jarek
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:53 am


Return to Chassis and Power Supplies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests