J99 installation into PC 01 Oneshot

Post questions or comments about the CH02 and OneShot here.

J99 installation into PC 01 Oneshot

Postby infested3d » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:05 am

After realizing absolutely no support is provided for the Oneshot kit, I had to read the assembly instructions very carefully (especially since no schematic's provided).

I figured I might as well share the tidbits of information that I found unclear: the installation is extremely straight forward and I'm just going to describe the PERMANENT J99 installation:

My concern was how to get impedance selection working and thought wiring DI switching would be too complicated (it's not), as there are a lot of features added through the six pads on the Oneshot DI/power PCB assembly. You have to install the "P" pads on the Oneshot DI board as listed in the table (it worked for my J99 so I'm assuming it'll work for the N-72).

I had to disconnect the input jumpers (I removed the headers entirely). Wire the "P" pads directly to the transformer pins. Wire the "M" pads on the Oneshot PCB DIRECTLY to the XLR input connector OR at one side of the jumper headers (after making sure the path from the connector to xformer is open once the jumper/header is removed. This was the most confusing part- as there are four pads/jumper headers on the J99 and six pads on the Oneshot PCB (so you still need to solder onto the J99 even if you want the reversible installation).

This allows for ALL the features of the one shot to be enabled with a J99 (and possibly N72). Unfortunately- I had to build two D11's and had to vacate a C-84 and the aforementioned J99 so my N72's are staying as stock as possible within my CH01.

I suppose I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but remember there's no going back with the aforementioned steps so you better be darn sure you want your J99 or N72 in a Oneshot.
infested3d

Return to Chassis and Power Supplies