Chassis no LED

Post questions or comments about the CH02 and OneShot here.

Chassis no LED

Postby rolphrico » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:05 am

I seem to be having problems with my recently purchased chassis. Here's what's happened so far.

1) Regardless of the power switch position, there are no light on the chassis and 30V supplied to the power cable that powers the preamps.
2) I plugged a newly assembled N72 into the power supply, and it passed signal, everything sounded great and seemed good to go (although the power switch and leds still did not work)
3) I mounted the unit to the chassis being careful to make sure there were no shorts or metal touching from the N72 to the chassis.
4) When I went to plug the unit into the power, there was a large noticeable spark between the connector and the N72
5) I checked betwen the N72 and the chassis and could see nothing touching other than the front pannel and screws mounting the XLR to the back.
6) Now the N72 does not work, and is passing .99 volts at Q6 instead of the 22 it was before.

I guess I have two questions

1) What could be going wrong with the chassis, and is this what seems to have fried my N72?
2) What could have been fried on the N72 because it was working perfectly before mounting?

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks!
rolphrico

Re: Chassis no LED

Postby rolphrico » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:42 am

Just an update, this has been fixed. The problem was that the LED board was connected one pin off. By aligning the pins the problem was resolved.
rolphrico

Return to Chassis and Power Supplies