OneShot N72 feedback and query

Post questions or comments about the CH02 and OneShot here.

OneShot N72 feedback and query

Postby garfieldmayor » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:13 am

Hello all!

Well I’m proud to say that I’m the proud owner of two N72 OneShots built on my behalf by the guys at SCA :D Unfortunately one of them has a problem with the DI but hopefully the guys will get back to me soon to resolve this.

But the working unit? Wow. Taken me a while to figure out exactly how much I want to drive the unit relative to the source but on bass gtr, though there’s not as much low end as I expected (relative to my standard Mackie Onyxs), my impression is that the low end that is there is rock-solid (no wobbling frequencies) and that’s got to be a good thing from a mixing point of view 

On clean electric gtr there’s a depth and detail to the sound in the low-mids that I’ve not heard before… Kinda makes you want it all in the mix though of course that’s not always possible lol!

I’d like to pose a couple of questions about these units though if anyone here might shed some light…

1. The impedance is switch in the upper position is hi-z and vice versa for lo-z yes?
2. When I flip the phase switch I get a distinct change in tone eg the bass strings on the electric gtr are less wooly for want of a better description… Can anyone explain the physic happening here? My logic says that I wouldn’t hear a difference unless it was combined with another signal with which to cancel/sum however this is heard when he instrument is soloed. Is it perhaps some interation with the pickups or suchlike?

Happy to be a part of the SCA family cheers Garfield :D
garfieldmayor

Return to Chassis and Power Supplies