One Shot Chasis & T15

Post questions or comments about the CH02 and OneShot here.

One Shot Chasis & T15

Postby AudioRichter » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:51 pm

Hello,

Not sure if DI Switching is available between the T15 and One Shot Power Supply.
If so, I do not understand where to solder the jumpers to the T15 from the One Shot.
I can see how the wires are set up from the One Shot in the instructions, I am just
not sure how they pertain to the T15.

Seem's like everything else is easy peasy after this part.

Help? Pictures?

Thanks so much,

Joanie
AudioRichter

Re: One Shot Chasis & T15

Postby tpryan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:31 am

Get out your T15 schematic and trace the signal path from CONN1, pin 2 to the junction of C4, C5, and R5. Decide where on that path you want to break the connection. The easiest way is to remove L1. The L1 pad that connects back to CONN1 gets wired to M+, the pad that connects to C4, C5, and R5 gets wired to P1+. Repeat for L2, M-, and P2-.

The problem with this method is that removing L1 and L2 also removes the RF filtering they provide. For most users that will not be an issue, but to retain the filters you have two options. One, leave them in place, tack the M+/M- and P1+/P2- jumpers to existing pads, and cut the PCB traces to break the connection. Two, order new filters (see the BOM for part numbers) and install them with the "output" leads "flying" instead of soldered in the holes. Tack the M+/M- jumpers to the flying leads and wire the P1+/P2- jumpers to the empty pads, taking care to maintain polarity. That's how we do it with this particular board.
tpryan
Site Admin

Postby Category 5 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:12 am

Since the T15 is a straight-wire type pre, and impedance switching wouldn't be functional the best choice is to leave the di and preamp separate. It's annoying having switches that do nothing, but this gives ultimate flexibility since you can use both the di and preamp at the same time, and if you really think you are missing out on some mojo from not running through the preamp circuit you can still jumper the output to the input and get the same functionality that way.

It makes more since to wire the di to modules like the j99 and n72 than t15 or c84.

Just my .02. I think it's better to get a free di and still have the preamp anyway.
Category 5

Postby AudioRichter » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Thanks so much!

I like the .02 cent comment. Right on.

-Cheers!
AudioRichter

Return to Chassis and Power Supplies