Page 1 of 1

How to apply heat-shrink tubing?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:40 am
by allstar
I am connecting the switch to my PS02 power supply, and was wondering what is the proper way to get my heat-shrink tubing to shrink? Does this need a special tool? Is there any way to do it without a special tool?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:04 pm
by Bastiaan
paint-stripper that works lkike a hairdryer

cigarette lighter, plain and simple match. You then will probably get some black stuff on the shrink-tube, but thats ok...


I suggest you first try it on something "non-critical"

Dont forget to put the tubing on there BEFORE you solder the stuff together......i have a tendency to forget, and de- and re-soldering is a [bleep] :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:41 pm
by allstar
Thanks, I ended up getting it to shrink using a hair blow dryer.