CH02- The new chassis looks great!

Post questions or comments about the CH02 and OneShot here.

CH02- The new chassis looks great!

Postby AndrewW » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:54 pm

The new CH02 chassis looks great!

- Black finish
- Individual module subpanels(!!!)
- Optional module divider panels

Maybe we will see an EQ now that each module has its own panel...
AndrewW

Postby dbonin » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:43 am

Love the new look. It makes seating a module much easier, however you still have to remove the TOP of the case to be able to slide modules into position, which means unscrewing the top screw of all 8 module positions in the rack. Not that big of a deal, just a small pain, much LESS of a pain than the old case!

My question is when I order less than 8 modules, how do you cover the empty slots? Do i need to order "blanks" to cover the empty slots?
dbonin

Postby AndrewW » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:55 am

I believe they supply you with 8 panels, blank ones for any empty spaces. I ordered my chassis and modules right before they revealed the CH02, so I emailed them about updating the order. They replied that I didn't need to change my order, that they would be shipping the new chassis along with the appropriate sub panels.
AndrewW

Postby tpryan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:01 am

Do i need to order "blanks" to cover the empty slots?

Yes.

They replied that I didn't need to change my order, that they would be shipping the new chassis along with the appropriate sub panels.

Only for those who placed an order after the CH01s sold out and before the CH02 appeared in the shopping cart. Now, you need to tell us how many of each subpanel you want.
tpryan
Site Admin

Postby codeman015 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:42 am

So to clarify, if I order an n72 kit, I also need to buy the n72 subplate? It is not automatically included? If I buy an n72 and the chassis, I need to buy the n72 subplate and 7 blank ones? All subplates are extra and not included?What about the divider? Is one still included next to the power supply? Do you recommended additional dividers, or is it only if there are noise issues? Thanks
codeman015

Postby tpryan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:45 pm

So to clarify, if I order an n72 kit, I also need to buy the n72 subplate?

If it's going into a CH02, yes.

It is not automatically included?

No, since it wouldn't be useful to someone with a CH01.

If I buy an n72 and the chassis, I need to buy the n72 subplate and 7 blank ones?

If you want to fill the empty front panel, yes.

All subplates are extra and not included?

Right, but discounted when ordered with a module.

What about the divider? Is one still included next to the power supply?

Yes.

Do you recommended additional dividers, or is it only if there are noise issues?

We recommend an additional divider for any module with an output transformer if the chassis will be shipped fully assembled or taken on the road.
tpryan
Site Admin

Return to Chassis and Power Supplies