Page 1 of 1

what voltage does the PS02 give off??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:38 pm
by kato
I can see that the PS01 is +-24v
but what about the PS02? It's specs aren't yet listed.

Kato

PS02 Voltages

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:51 pm
by tpryan
The PS02 is set up to produce +/-27VDC at 600mA, plus +48V at 100mA for phantom. The preamp modules regulate this down to their working voltages. The PS01 puts out +24V at up to about 1200mA, plus +48V at 150mA. Since the regulators are adjustable, you can select slightly different output voltages within the bounds of the transformer output and heat sink capacity. Check the LM317 data sheets at www.national.com for more detail.

thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:27 am
by kato
thanks.
I'm ultimately looking for a power supply design that will do 18v bipolar for an API 312 clone. If anyone knows of such a design or one that is modifyable to get to 18v, please let me know. thanks!

Kato

hmmm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:32 am
by kato
Or now that I'm re-reading your post it sounds like I can achieve this by using different regulators with the PS01. I'll do some research and see if this is possible.

Kato

PS02 mods

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:20 pm
by tpryan
Actually, it's the PS02 that you'd want to use, not the PS01. You can easily change the resistor values on the PS02 to provide +/-18V. In fact, if you check out the power supply schematic for the J99, you'll find resistor values for common output voltages. FYI, we'll be introducing our version of an API 312 in about six weeks, if you can wait that long.