Another pulsing light

Post questions or comments about the CH02 and OneShot here.

Another pulsing light

Postby jngreene79 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:10 am

I've just assembled a couple of c84's and had them working perfectly. I went to turn them on about an hour later and the light pulsates and the led's are barely lit up. I get about 4vdc where I should have 30vdc. Is there anything / anywhere I can check on the board for proper voltages etc... to narrow the problem down? Why would this suddenly do this? No smoke etc... No shorts from the c84 boards. It does this with nothing in the unit, just the power supply.
jngreene79

Postby tpryan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:49 am

That's an unusual symptom. What happens when you disconnect the wiring harness and the panel lamp from the supply? Do the 3x status LEDs light?
tpryan
Site Admin

Postby jngreene79 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:33 am

The -30 led dimly pulsates when I power it up, then dies. That's the only one that shows any light. The pilot light just slowly pulsates all of the time. No change without the wiring harness and pilot removed. I've got about 32vdc coming from the rectifier. I've got a few mv's at the leds. I've tried to isolate all of the obvious potential causes - power cord, outlet, ground issues, cold solder joint, burned components, component lead shorts. I'm at a loss.

My main filter caps have about 32vdc also. What's the voltage at U3 supposed to be?
jngreene79

Postby tpryan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:51 am

We'll need to see it. Send an e-mail to rma@seventhcircleaudio.com for return instructions.
tpryan
Site Admin

Return to Chassis and Power Supplies