Page 1 of 1

Pulsating sound when I turn on my SCA rack.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:05 am
by Nu-tra
Any Ideas? Sometimes it's fine when I turn the rack on and sometimes the light will flash and sound will pulse. All N72's and a PS03 I think.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:35 am
by tpryan
Does the pulsing eventually stop? What happens if you disconnect some or all of the modules?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:49 pm
by Nu-tra
Sometimes its stops quick and sometimes it goes a for a while. I just opened the unit to test.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:11 pm
by Nu-tra
It seems to happen more often when the phantom power is on about 5 channels. I bought this chassis used he said it was a little over a year old so i dont know what power supply version it is. When the power does pulse the center led is the one that flashes while the other two are waiting to light up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:16 pm
by Nu-tra
When I disconnect the second module from the power supply the center led does not light up. Strange

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:50 am
by tpryan
What version of N72s? Do any/all have the large 3K9 resistor (R41) close to the power connector? If not, you may want to tack that on to see if it makes a difference. See the current schematic for details.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:08 am
by Nu-tra
Copy that. I will check

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:53 am
by Nu-tra
tpryan \$m[1]:What version of N72s? Do any/all have the large 3K9 resistor (R41) close to the power connector? If not, you may want to tack that on to see if it makes a difference. See the current schematic for details.



Only 2 of the 8 N72's have the R41 Resistor.

R40 looks like a different value as well as the R41 on my older N72s is a smaller (in size) resistor. R41 is near the large heatcsink on my older ones.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:06 am
by Nu-tra
I also noticed my input transformers on 6 older units have no visible insulation under the input transformers.