Page 1 of 1

PS02 vs PS03 and Europe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:26 am
by tazman
Hi - I built my rack (2xN72's, 4xA12's and 2xJ99's) in the fall of 97. I had a heck of a time reducing hum and finally got it down to an acceptable level.

Now I see a new PSU has been released to supposedly fix some of those issues. I am also going to be moving to Europe and I'm not sure if PS02 works with 220V or not.

Does anyone know? Is it possible to trade in the PS02 for a PS03? Would the PS03 solve the humming issues?

Thanks,

Roberto

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:33 am
by tpryan
I built my rack (2xN72's, 4xA12's and 2xJ99's) in the fall of 97. I had a heck of a time reducing hum and finally got it down to an acceptable level.


You must mean the fall of 2007?

Now I see a new PSU has been released to supposedly fix some of those issues. I am also going to be moving to Europe and I'm not sure if PS02 works with 220V or not.


You probably have a PS03, not a PS02. Does it have 3 status LEDs along the top of the board? If so, it's a PS03 and will work with 220V with no modification required. Just plug it in to a 220V outlet and it will work.

Is it possible to trade in the PS02 for a PS03?


Yes. E-mail sales@seventhcircleaudio.com for details.

Would the PS03 solve the humming issues?


If you have a PS02 and if the +30v output is sagging under load, then a PS03 will make a difference. If the hum is loud in the N72s but not in the A12s then swapping the supply may fix it, but I suspect any problems you're having are due to some other cause.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:11 am
by tazman
yeah, sorry, I meant 2007, time flies when you're having fun :-)

I'll check on the LED's. The hum was resolved by changing the "grounding" jumpers on the N72's.

Thanks for the great support,

Roberto