Mostly Assembled Chassis

Post questions or comments about the CH02 and OneShot here.

Mostly Assembled Chassis

Postby Todzilla » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:39 am

Got my kit this week and I'm starting, very cautiously, to put it all together.

My chassis and power supply came mostly assembled. The chassis instructions include ground-up assembly. Hence, many steps in the instructions are already done for me (which is nice!).

I think it's fairly clear which steps I don't need to bother with, but it would be helpful to have those steps identified, so I can skip them without worries.

As you can tell, I'm not much of an electronics whiz, but I managed to put together a couple of PAIA projects which powered up first try and worked like a champ, even with far crappier tools than I've now acquired, so I'm emboldened.

Anyway, if Tim could just throw out the step numbers that are unnecessary with the delivered chassis/power supply, that'd be great!
Todzilla

Postby tpryan » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:42 pm

Make sure all the power supply mounting screws are snug. Skip all the stuff about installing the divider and ground wire, though you can install a ground lead if you like. Also note the holes in the divider you can use instead of the adhesive anchor in step 23.
tpryan
Site Admin

Postby hachaduryan » Fri May 06, 2011 9:07 am

Hi Tim,

I got my set today (the chassis, power supply, wiring and a preamp module) and I noticed that the power supply is already installed in the chasis (Thank you!).

The reason I am posting this is because I would like to know if I can assume this installation is complete, or if I need to actually redo any steps. Everything looks to be well installed, nuts are snug and all, but I immediately noticed that the grounding wire is absent (as in not installed and I don't see it in the parts I received).

So what do I do? Do I ignore the ground (per your reply above), or do I do something? From my dad (electrical engineer) I know that in order to ensure safe operation I need to have it grounded.
hachaduryan

Postby tpryan » Fri May 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Just make sure all the screws are snug. Safety ground is connected to the chassis through heavy traces on the PCB, but you can add a separate ground wire if you like.
tpryan
Site Admin

Postby hachaduryan » Fri May 06, 2011 2:17 pm

Then it looks like I'm good to go. Thank you! :)

tpryan \$m[1]:Just make sure all the screws are snug. Safety ground is connected to the chassis through heavy traces on the PCB, but you can add a separate ground wire if you like.
hachaduryan

Return to Chassis and Power Supplies