PS03: I dont have a clue! H E L P

Post questions or comments about the CH02 and OneShot here.

PS03: I dont have a clue! H E L P

Postby veetguitar » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:19 pm

Me too, I got apparently an assembled PS03. I was able to put together my two J99, but now, I am at a loss how to do all the connections to make the whole thing working. Moreover, living in Germany, I need to drive the unit with 220V. I cannot switch on the powersupply until I know about the voltage.
Doew it make sense to study the instructions for the PS02 to watch out for similarities between the two.
I really appreciate help about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
veetguitar
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: south of Germany

Postby jimi » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:04 pm

The PS03 can accept accept either 110 or 220 VAC.

Yes, you can use the PS02 instructions for the PS03. Since the PS03 is assembled, all you need to do is connect the ground wire and the power switch. These steps are the same as the PS02.
jimi
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:56 am

Postby veetguitar » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:59 pm

Ok! That was much quicker than I expected! Thanks!
I viewed the pictures on your website about the assembly(http://www.chowhouse.com/~james/sca/)
plus I printed the PS02 assembly instructions.
Lets check if I got this right:
-The ground wire goes from the mains connector to the chassis.

-The two pins next to the front of the case go to the power light.

- The 4 pins in the back are connected to the power switch.
But I cant figure out how exactly?
- The 6 pin thing seems to be exactly the same like on my J99 boards.
Are the connected just like :
pin 1 (powersupply) to pin 1 preamp
pin 2 to pin 2 etc???
- Which leaves the question of the four position jumper meant to adjust the voltage to either 110 or 220.
It is there in the pictures about the PS2.It doesnt seem to be there at all in PS3!
Does that mean , I cant adjust to 220V?
veetguitar
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: south of Germany

yet 1 step more

Postby veetguitar » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:19 pm

http://seventhcirclestudios.com/SCA/php ... .php?t=383 says:

Tim sent me an email when he decided to start making a PS03 instead of the PS02 due to the backorderd parts. I received my chassis and my PS03 on Friday (my two A12's were finished already).
I started out going by the PS02 instructions. WOOPS, the PS03 is made to work with any voltage so the jumpers werent needed. I dug out that email that he sent out. It said the new PS03 has simple on board indicators if it is working properly, needs no jumpers, and has more power. All I had to do was the power switch, the massive LED, and the molex to the pres. I am now finished. I tested as far as plugging in an SM7 and simply talking in it while going through the gain stages, flipping polarity, and phantom (SM7 doesnt need it but it popped when I flipped it so I assume it is fine. I have a session this weekend at the studio I work part time at. We have a lunchbox full of API 512's there so I will compare the A12'S with those.

Happy Building!!
veetguitar
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: south of Germany

Postby jimi » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:32 pm

in this thread:

http://www.seventhcirclestudios.com/SCA ... .php?t=364

i asked the same questions about connecting the power switch. it turns out to be pretty easy.

the 6 pin molex connectors on the PS03 connect to the pres in a straight fashion, i.e. 1->1, 2->2, 3->3, etc.
jimi
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:56 am

Postby veetguitar » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:23 am

[i asked the same questions about connecting the power switch. it turns out to be pretty easy. ]

Sorry, but I cant benefit from the schematics.
If you could tell me just plainly what terminal goes were.
tele player was labelling the power switch like this:

1 - 4
2 - 5
3 - 6
Ok, I understood that I wont need the last pair which is 3-6.
So the remaining will be
1 - 4
2 - 5

the molex connector has pins 1- 4 and the number 4 will be the one next to the backside of the chassis.
So I would just need the following info:
1 (molex) to x (switch)
2 (molex) to x (switch)
3 (molex to x (switch)
4 (molex) to x (switch)
Could you just copy the 4 lines and replace the x and I ll be happy??????
veetguitar
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: south of Germany

Postby jimi » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:21 am

according to the schematics the wiring goes like this:

molex switch
1 -> 2
2 -> 3
3 -> 6
4 -> 5

note that you can use switch terminal 1 in place of 3 and 4 in place of 6.
jimi
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:56 am

Postby veetguitar » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:32 am

Thanks a lot !
I will try it.
Veet
veetguitar
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: south of Germany


Return to Chassis and Power Supplies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests