c84 Puzzle!

Post questions or comments about the C84 here.

c84 Puzzle!

Postby ABECHAP024 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:49 am

:?: Hi, I recently bought a c84 channel and have a quesiton and if anyone has any thoughts ideas they would be appreciated. I have the module in front of me, its the 1.6 rev. ok bassicaly the votages are good! R67 and R63 control the u1,u2, and u3 just fine. They are currently set at 18v +/-. ok now , L3 and L4 measure 8.5 volts (shouldn't it be close to 0v ?!! and R19 is set to the lowest value!! now i plugged it in and it passes audio. nice and clean (sometimes) but only when the gain setting is at one, two, and three, (there is no volume change between these settings). Now here is another peice to this puzzel. I switch the module on. gain set at 1, mic registers -30 db on the meters. ok now click up to 2 then 3 and nothing changes (no effect on sound, volume, etc.) when i hit 4 on the gain knob the audio cuts out. now i click alll the way to 12 and then back down. When i hit 3 again i can hear audio but its all fuzzy and quiet, with a lot of white noise. If i reset the module it sounds crisp again. I've dones this a few times just to see if it would keep on doing it. So the quesiton is? cap? resistor? bad transistor?? switch? D. all of the above? any Ideas??
Thank You

p.s. I've checked and rechecked solder joints shorts, etc
AC :lol: :lol:
ABECHAP024

Postby tpryan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:18 am

L3 and L4 measure 8.5 volts (shouldn't it be close to 0v ?!! and R19 is set to the lowest value!!

You need to find the problem here before you worry about anything else. You almost certainly have some components installed incorrectly. Can you post a clear, well-lit photo?
tpryan
Site Admin

Postby ABECHAP024 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:09 pm

Hi Thanks Tim, hopefully you can take a look at it!
ABECHAP024

Return to C84