Page 1 of 1

q6 keeps burning up

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:26 pm
by Damster
Hello. Q6 keeps burning and is actually affecting r46. approx 4.67 on r46 then 1.38 after q6 burns up. nearby led flashes on power up then stays unlit. 14.4 and -14.4 at pins 4 and 8 ( u1 and U3 ) before opamps installed.

PLEASE HELP!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:49 pm
by tpryan
You've probably got some transistors in backwards, or you're creating shorts with your soldering.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:16 am
by Damster
thanks for the reply. I have checked and double checked all solder connections and transistors and my friend Ron has done the same. I will check one more time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:20 am
by Damster
Perhaps I should ask. I could'nt find any instructions as to where pin 8 and pin 4 are on the opamp or the pcb so I went to the BB website and found a diagram. It pointed to top right as being pin 8 and bottom left being pin 4 ( notch is on top ). Is this correct?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:00 am
by tpryan
I have checked and double checked all solder connections and transistors and my friend Ron has done the same. I will check one more time.


Check again. Make absolutely sure you did not install an MJE182 at Q9.

It pointed to top right as being pin 8 and bottom left being pin 4 ( notch is on top ). Is this correct?


Yes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:30 pm
by Damster
Bingo! MJE 182 at Q9! Thanks Tim! I have another problem though which I will start a new thread for. Thanks again!