Page 1 of 1

R28-minor change ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:12 pm
by SoundBase
Hi folks,
I'm in the middle of building my C84s and I noticed a slight change in R28 value. The sheet I received with the boards specified a 1.50k resistor, but I had previously ordered a 1.58k resistors, based an inital copy of the BOM. Though it's only 80 ohms, does it make a difference ?
Thanks,
chuck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:20 pm
by dkatz42
Shouldn't make any significant difference. R28 is in series with R29, the gain pot, so the difference is worth 5% in value with the gain wide open, or about .7% with the gain backed off.

FWIW, the BOM still says 1K58 (one of three of that value) but my kit shipped with two 1K58s and one 1K50, the latter of which I put on R28, since the other two appear to need to be equal upon eyeballing the schematics.