Burson Audio Op-amps in a C84 for U1,U2,and U3

Post questions or comments about the C84 here.

Burson Audio Op-amps in a C84 for U1,U2,and U3

Postby ellingboe » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:30 pm

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on "tweeking" the C84 with Burson Audio supreme sound op-amps or other op amps for that matter.
The 5th generation would appear to fit and they claim that they are direct replacements for opa2604, which would mean they would replace U1, U2 and U3.
We would need three of them, which means an additional $200 per channel for what might just be added headroom. That would get an extra 2 channels of pre-amp instead of spending my money on something that doesn't won't make a difference.
I don't know enough about electronics design and reading spec to tell if they would make a difference.
I mainly use my C84's on a main stereo pair when recording classical music so the increased headroom would allow me to track a little louder but isn't going to make a huge difference for me. A perceived increase in the "depth" of the recording however would be nice.
I figure if I can get some insight with the design/performance/thoughts, I could decide if they would be worth the money.
Brian
p.s. I don't work for Burson audio and will receive no financial benefit them. Just saw them on an audiophile parts website and was wondering how they would work in the C84. Or if any discrete op-amp would work in the C84 replacing the opa2604.
ellingboe

Return to C84