Page 1 of 1

incorrect voltage at R8 and L3, L4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:39 pm
by es331
The voltage at R8 is reading between 11.9 and 13.2 and jumping around a lot. (step 38)

The voltage between L3 and L4 is reading around 860mv and also jumping around a bit. (step 39)

What is the most likely cause of this?

When I first powered up the unit Q6 and Q9 were accidentally reversed. also R49 was the wrong value - 10k instead of 20k. I didn't notice it until after I powered up the unit and began to test voltages. I fixed those two problems, but fear I blew something out by powering up before checking my work...

Is it likely that I blew out a component?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:10 am
by tpryan
Like it says in step 10, those parts are not interchangeable. Applying power with any of them installed incorrectly will probably damage or destroy them. Safest thing to do is snip them all out and replace them. You can order replacements directly from DigiKey or Mouser using the part numbers on the BOM.