Page 1 of 1

Step 38: Measuring - 16.9 V

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:12 pm
by jbean46
I have 2 C84 kits, both of which are measuring - 16.9 V at the junction of R8 and R9.

This seems too coincidental? Is this a problem of measurement or build?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:32 am
by tpryan
That voltage will vary depending on the regulator settings. If you also have very close to 0V at the junction of R29 and R30, you should be OK.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:23 am
by jbean46
That's where it gets further confusing.

I am measuring 1.63 V and 1.68 V on the two preamps.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:27 pm
by jbean46
That is, measuring 1.63 V and 1.68 V at the junction of R29 and R30 on each of the preamps.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:07 am
by tpryan
What voltage do you have the regulators set to?
Are you using a PS03? Are you sure all the grounds are tied together?
Are you confident your meter is giving a reliable reading?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:29 pm
by jbean46
I have the regulators set to +/-18 V.

I am using the PS03.

I am a bit confused regarding the grounding of the PS03. Right now the ground lug of the AC inlet is not connected to anything. Am I right in assuming that the power supply was grounded upon delivery (the PS03 and CH01 were purchased together)?

I am consistently getting these results for voltage - both units being eerily similar.

Upon plugging in, there is a very low output, noisy and relatively dirty signal. When the phase is flipped, or gain is adjusted, a very loud pop occurs.