Page 1 of 1

C84 dull next to my N72 ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:22 am
by dukati
Hi Everyone,

I just bought a SCA chassis with two units (N72 and C84). The N72 sounds awesome. The C84 doesnt sound bad, but it doesnt sound the way I would have expected. My N72 seems to have a more present high end than the C84, should this be ? Anybody have any ideas or comments ?

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:26 am
by tpryan
Did you assemble it yourself?

If so, are you absolutely certain that all of the ceramic caps are installed correctly?

If not, can whoever assembled it verify the frequency response for you?

Have you tried to measure the HF response with a DAW? The C84's response should be flat to the converter's upper limit, even sampling at 192K. The N72 will be down 3dB at about 40KHz.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:42 am
by dukati
No, I bought it totally assembled....

Whats the best way to test the Frequency Response ?

Steve