Page 1 of 1

Starting Tomorrow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:36 pm
by Nerdyrocker
Here we go. My 2 A12 kits will be here tomorrow. I will start them as soon as the UPS man leaves the front door.
I bought a PAIA kit and built that this week for some good practice and now I am ready to go. After reading the instructions for the A12, it now looks SO much easier after building the PAIA. It looks like there are even less parts.

I may have questions. I have ready every post on here twice but I still may need a little help. Im sure you guys will come to my rescue if need be.

To the soldering cave!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:18 am
by Nerdyrocker
Well, I just finished both A12's. The first one took about 3 hours. The second one only took 1.5 hours. After I knew what I was doing and was a bit more familiar with the board and components, it flew by. I was short one of the 100k ohm (R20, R21) resistors in each kit. I thought that was kinda strange. Luckily, I had some spares on hand. No worries.

I dont have the chassis or the power supply yet. Tim was out of them when he shipped my order. He said it should be about a week or so. Now I am all anxious to get them installed and start using them.

2 more A12's and 4 N72's and I will be set. That is a couple months down the road.

THanks for all of the posts on this message board. They really help.

Later...