Page 1 of 1

a12 DC voltage mystery?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:28 pm
by 67tbone
Right to it, #34 on the assembly instructions Measure dc voltage at U1, negative probe pin4 to U1 positive probe, pin3. You should see +14V and I do.

next Neg probe still on pin 4, pos on pin 5, you should see-14V and I do NOT, i see -26.9V

I followed all of the trouble shooting suggestions, and found 0. also i have a second a12 that i built at the same time, it reads perfect, i compared both units very closely, their assembled exactly the same. No reversed polarity, no diodes backward, no bridge shorts, nothing??? Anyone have any idea on this??

thanx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:58 pm
by 67tbone
Ok, so i ordered a new ic, new variable resistor and a new cap for the area of U5 where my problem was....key word was! I decided to fire up the iron as a last resort and applied a little heat to the push throughs at the bottom of the board, and wha la! 14V!! yay, now let that be a lesson to the next guy down, a perfect solder job may leave somethings cold??