Page 1 of 1

Cinemag CMOQ-2S Loose parts?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:15 am
by jmettam
hi All,

Finally threw down and ordered my first SCA kit!

I am in the middle of building the A12 and pulled out the Cinemage CMOQ-2S from the bubble wrap and a loose leaf of NiMi material came out with it.

It is one of the 'I' shaped pieces (each layer is made from one 'I' shaped piece and one 'C' shaped piece. It looks to me like the top and bottom layers on mine both have only the 'C' shaped piece.

Here is a picture from someone else that has the loose piece laying on the table next to the A12.

Image

My questions:

1) Is this broken?

2) If not, should there be two 'I' shaped pieces (one for the top and one for the bottom)?

3) If not, where should the one piece that I have go (top or bottom)?


I did find this one large picture of the A12 which looks like the 'I' shaped piece is not installed on the top of the transformer. This leads me to believe that I should just put the piece I have on the bottom and not sweat it.

http://www.seventhcircleaudio.com/A12/A12R17/images/A12_Big01.jpg

I am just not familiar with transformers enough to make the call and I don't want there to be anything weird with my first kit! Seems like if there is missing a piece like that it could subtly affect performance.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

John

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:52 am
by jmettam
Well I found the answer.

I had searched and searched (both this forum and the internet) without luck. Finally found the critical term 'LAMINATION'!

Someone else posted about the same thing here:

http://www.seventhcirclestudios.com/SCA ... lamination

- John