Page 1 of 1

older A12 too hot output

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:14 am
by LamontGrady
I got a used A12 Rev 1.4 off ebay a while ago. It was actually sent in and given a once-over with my other modules after I had PS issues.

It took me a bit to figure it out, but it seems like it's been getting hotter and hotter every time I use it. I finally realized it when I had both knobs turned all the way down and it's still too strong of an output signal.

It's different from the current schematic and layout. R15 is 10k but beyond that I'm getting confused. The voltages at U1 pins 4-3 and 4-5 are 18v and -17.9v.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:23 pm
by tpryan
Remove and re-seat the SC25 and see what happens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:08 pm
by LamontGrady
Didn't change. I pulled it out and set it aside, and reflowed a bunch of solder joints.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:10 pm
by tpryan
Send an e-mail to rma@seventhcircleaudio.com for return instructions. We'll need to see it.