Page 1 of 1

I fear I might have a bad SC25

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:24 pm
by reypina
I decided to do a check of my SCA pres today since I had to open the unit to change the jumpers on my DIs. I started with the A12s. The first one was fine, the voltages on U1 were just a tiny bit off, so I set them back to +/-18V. The offset voltage was ok too, i waited the 15 minutes with the unit powered and adjusted it as close to zero as possible, it would drift around 0.0 and -0.3. I did the same on the second unit, but after the 15 minute wait, the offset voltage was around 8V and I couldn't get it to move much. After reading around a bit I tried it with the other SC25 and it was fine. How did this happen? As far as I know both pres were working fine, this was just a routine check. I doubt anything happened to it during the 15 minutes I sat waiting. Is this a major thing? Do I need to get another SC25? Can I use this one while I get the new one? Can I get a replacement?
I hope I don't get any more surprises on the N72s!!

Thanks for your help!

rey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:21 pm
by reypina
Scratch that, the unit doesn't work with the busted SC25. I still wonder why this happened, any ideas?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:21 am
by tpryan
Could be any number of things, tough to say without seeing the op-amp. Send an e-mail to rma@seventhcircleaudio.com for return instructions.