Another guy with no phantom power (different situation)...

Post questions or comments about the A12 here.

Another guy with no phantom power (different situation)...

Postby Great Magnet » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:52 am

Hey,

So, I noticed there are already some threads on here about not having Phantom on the A12. I think my circumstance is a bit different in that it's not a right-off-the-bat problem in a new build. I built this several months back. The phantom WAS working on the unit, and now suddenly it's NOT.

This is the second A12 I've built. The first one still functions fine. The newbie was all good until last week and now suddenly nothing with condensers.

So, is that scenario indicative of anything in particular? Suggestions on where to start? Bear in mind I'm very much a step-by-step "kit guy" with little knowledge in the fundamentals of signal path. So use dummy talk.
"All Things Flow In Accordance With the Whims of the Great Magnet"
—Raoul Duke

www.greatmagnetrecording.com
Great Magnet
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:25 am
Location: Mëtaluma, CA

Postby tpryan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:26 am

What revision do you have?
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm

Postby Great Magnet » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:27 am

tpryan \$m[1]:What revision do you have?


Stupid question but how do I know that? Is it printed on the circuit board I assume? Haven't pulled the unit from the chassis yet but will do if that's how I find out.

Or if it helps I can tell you that I purchased and built the problematic unit in question about four months ago...
"All Things Flow In Accordance With the Whims of the Great Magnet"
—Raoul Duke

www.greatmagnetrecording.com
Great Magnet
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:25 am
Location: Mëtaluma, CA

Postby tpryan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:08 am

Does it have the "slow rise" phantom circuit? That's Q1, Q2 and associated stuff on the current schematic.
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm


Return to A12

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests