Page 1 of 1

stripped output transformer lead too much-what to do?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:25 pm
by drumR
This newbie just successfully built his first A12!
One question though:
I stripped one of the A12 output transformer leads (the yellow one) too much (a little more than 1/4" I think) and now I have some bare wire showing. How would I go about fixing that? remove it -heat shrink tubing- resolder? Something else? What are the risks of leaving it as is?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:46 pm
by dkatz42
As long as it can't short to anything else (it'll be pretty stiff with solder, particularly if you tin your leads first) there won't be any risk. Keep in mind that most components have bare leads all over the place as it is.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:09 pm
by drumR
Right- makes sense. Leads are tinned and it shouldn't be able to short to anything...I'll leave it. Just bugs me cuz I wanted it perfect. I'll be more careful on the next one...

thanks