Step 9 question

Post questions or comments about the A12 here.

Step 9 question

Postby greg » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:03 pm

Step 9 says do not install headers at J1 and J2 (yellow font). Then subsequently says "A jumper must be installed at J1 to complete the phantom power circuit." This doesn't make sense to me. Do you mean that a jumper must be installed at J3?

Also, in response to the instruction above, I soldered a wire jumper across J1. Do I need to remove this or just leave it in place?

Thanks.
greg
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:35 pm

Postby tpryan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:57 pm

That's a typo - It should read "A jumper must be installed at J3 to complete the phantom power circuit." Corrected .pdf is up.

A jumper at J1 won't do any harm because the CMMI-8 transformer doesn't have a split primary.
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm

Postby greg » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:23 pm

Good, I don't have to cut the wire jumper. Tim, thanks for the quick response. I'm waiting until tomorrow to power up and set voltages. My eyes are tired. Have a great weekend.
greg
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:35 pm

Postby greg » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:31 pm

Recorded my first A12 tracks this afternoon. Sounds great, no problems. Looking forward to building me some mic pads so I can drive the pre harder.
greg
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:35 pm


Return to A12

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests