Possible wrong part for Trimmer Potentionmeter - A12

Post questions or comments about the A12 here.

Possible wrong part for Trimmer Potentionmeter - A12

Postby jimbo2k » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:29 am

Tim,

The BOM for the A12 lists 3 Trimmer Potentiometers.

R25, R29 have value of 1K and are labeled 102
R16 has value of 10K and is labeled 103.

I got 3 Trimmer Potentiometers in my kit. They are labeled as follows:

2 of them say: 027C0 - Y102
1 of them says: 046C0 - Y102

None of them say 103, they all clearly say Y102. I tried to verify the resistance with my DMM, but I get different values because it is a variable resistor.

I am not able to find a Trimmer Potentiometer labeled 103 in my kit. Is the 046C0-Y102 part what I need to use for R16? Or was the wrong part included in my kit?

Thanks,
jimbo2k
jimbo2k
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:08 am

Postby tpryan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:28 am

If you think you have wrong or missing parts, please send the details to sales@seventhcircleaudio.com and we'll get it sorted out.
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm

DMM measurement of Trimmer Potentiometer

Postby jimbo2k » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:04 pm

After researching Trimmer Potentiometers, looks like I can measure the total resistance via pins 1 & 3.

With the DMM set on 2k Ohms, these are the values of the 3 resistors:

027C0 - Y102
#1: 1.036
#2: 1.043

046C0 - Y102
#1: .965

Looks like the 027C0 resistors match the 1K value listed for R25 & R29, but the 046C0 resistor is measuring closer to 1K rather than the 10K listed for R16.

Unless I am missing something here I think I received the wrong trimmer potentiometer for R16. Please correct me if I am wrong.

jimbo2k
jimbo2k
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:08 am


Return to A12

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests