older A12 too hot output

Post questions or comments about the A12 here.

older A12 too hot output

Postby LamontGrady » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:14 am

I got a used A12 Rev 1.4 off ebay a while ago. It was actually sent in and given a once-over with my other modules after I had PS issues.

It took me a bit to figure it out, but it seems like it's been getting hotter and hotter every time I use it. I finally realized it when I had both knobs turned all the way down and it's still too strong of an output signal.

It's different from the current schematic and layout. R15 is 10k but beyond that I'm getting confused. The voltages at U1 pins 4-3 and 4-5 are 18v and -17.9v.
LamontGrady
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:38 am

Postby tpryan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:23 pm

Remove and re-seat the SC25 and see what happens.
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm

Postby LamontGrady » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:08 pm

Didn't change. I pulled it out and set it aside, and reflowed a bunch of solder joints.
LamontGrady
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:38 am

Postby tpryan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:10 pm

Send an e-mail to rma@seventhcircleaudio.com for return instructions. We'll need to see it.
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm


Return to A12

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest