8VDC at output of SC25

Post questions or comments about the A12 here.

8VDC at output of SC25

Postby Coz » Sun May 25, 2008 5:55 am

Last year I build (3) rev1.4 A12 pre-amps with no problems. Recently I went to use one of the A12's and found that the output was heavily distorted. I found there is be 8VDC on the output of SC25, changing pot R19 did nothing to change this DC offset. I removed the SC25 and checked the supply voltages and offset voltage...everything checks out find. I put in another SC25 from another board, the 8VDC is again present. I put the suspect SC25 into another A12 and it works fine. This tells me that the problem is with my PCB and not the Op-Amp.

I can't find the schematic for the rev1.4 board. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why I am getting this 8VDC offset?

Thanks,

Steve
Coz
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 5:46 am

Problem Solved

Postby Coz » Sun May 25, 2008 8:51 am

It turns out that I had cracked solder joints on Potentiometer R16. I resoldered everything and the pre works like new.
Coz
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 5:46 am


Return to A12

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest