Disturbing Left-Over Parts After Kit Build...

Post questions or comments about the A12 here.

Disturbing Left-Over Parts After Kit Build...

Postby Great Magnet » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:52 am

I'm up to the point on my very first 7th Circle Standard A12 kit build where I am to begin using the multimeter and attaching the OpAmp. I'm a little concerned about these two resistors I've got left after everything else was put on...
Image

As you can see they each have one stripe, which I didn't see as a descriptor on the bill of materials either.

Anyone know where these go and what they are for? Or for the Standard A12 are they unnecessary?

Thanks,
Adam
"All Things Flow In Accordance With the Whims of the Great Magnet"
—Raoul Duke

www.greatmagnetrecording.com
Great Magnet
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:25 am
Location: Mëtaluma, CA

Postby tpryan » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:14 am

What did you install at L1 and L2 in step 8? If the answer is "nothing", then that's what to do with these jumpers. If you installed the Jensen "load isolators" or used hookup wire, then the jumpers are extra parts.
tpryan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:32 pm

Postby Great Magnet » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:09 am

tpryan \$m[1]:What did you install at L1 and L2 in step 8? If the answer is "nothing", then that's what to do with these jumpers. If you installed the Jensen "load isolators" or used hookup wire, then the jumpers are extra parts.


Ahhh...so these single-stripe things are actually jumpers, then?

In past projects I've worked on, for jumpers I've just used spare bits of wire trimmings clipped from other previously-installed resistors, which is exactly what I put in L1 and L2 this time around as well.

Will that suffice or is there something "magical" about the included single-stripe jobbies that makes them a must?

Thanks,
Adam
"All Things Flow In Accordance With the Whims of the Great Magnet"
—Raoul Duke

www.greatmagnetrecording.com
Great Magnet
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:25 am
Location: Mëtaluma, CA

Trimmed resistor leads are fine...

Postby bkspero » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:52 pm

...installed in place of the zero ohm (single black stripe) resistors.
bkspero
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:12 pm

Postby tarnationsauce2 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:01 am

Great Magnet \$m[1]:
tpryan \$m[1]:What did you install at L1 and L2 in step 8? If the answer is "nothing", then that's what to do with these jumpers. If you installed the Jensen "load isolators" or used hookup wire, then the jumpers are extra parts.


Ahhh...so these single-stripe things are actually jumpers, then?

In past projects I've worked on, for jumpers I've just used spare bits of wire trimmings clipped from other previously-installed resistors, which is exactly what I put in L1 and L2 this time around as well.

Will that suffice or is there something "magical" about the included single-stripe jobbies that makes them a must?

Thanks,
Adam

Wires are equally as good as "0" ohm (one black stripe) resistors.
The main reason 0 ohm resistors exits is ease of manufacturing when using a machine to place components.
tarnationsauce2
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 5:38 am

Postby Great Magnet » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:03 am

...plus they look really legit!
"All Things Flow In Accordance With the Whims of the Great Magnet"
—Raoul Duke

www.greatmagnetrecording.com
Great Magnet
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:25 am
Location: Mëtaluma, CA


Return to A12

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest