No opamp with A12 Full kit

Post questions or comments about the A12 here.

No opamp with A12 Full kit

Postby dasbin » Sat May 29, 2004 9:10 am

I emailed Tim asking about the full kit, and this was his response.

Thanks for your interest in our preamps. We're currently awaiting component shipments from numerous vendors which should arrive within the next two to three weeks. An A12KF will be $259 but will not include an op amp.


Just thought you guys might want to know.

Now, where to get an opamp...?
dasbin
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 9:08 am

Postby davidkakon » Sat May 29, 2004 5:10 pm

brent averill makes an api 2520 opamp clone, heres the email from his page:

mailto:bae1272@pacbell.net

david
davidkakon
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 5:08 pm

Postby tele_player » Sat May 29, 2004 5:18 pm

Ahh, that explains the low price. I priced out the Digikey stuff the other day, about $75 per board (ordering for two), there are some minimums which increase the cost of just building one or two, and I couldn't see any way to beat $259 for a true full kit. But the op amp will probably cost another $75, or about $25 for they hybrid.

So, Tim will provide an 'almost full kit', which means the A12, though simpler, will cost a bit more than the N72. Oh, well... I'll still buy one or two.
tele_player
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:09 pm

Postby wtn » Mon May 31, 2004 3:41 pm

tele_player \$m[1]:Ahh, that explains the low price. I priced out the Digikey stuff the other day, about $75 per board (ordering for two), there are some minimums which increase the cost of just building one or two, and I couldn't see any way to beat $259 for a true full kit. But the op amp will probably cost another $75, or about $25 for they hybrid.

So, Tim will provide an 'almost full kit', which means the A12, though simpler, will cost a bit more than the N72. Oh, well... I'll still buy one or two.


Boy that makes me feel better. Tim needs to change the full kit parts
list for the A12 because he has the Avedis 1122 listed for the op amp.
I could not for the life of me figure out how he could sell the full kit
for $259 with the 1122 included since it is $75 by itself. Yes this will
cost more than the N72 but not by much. I hope to end up with two
N72's and two A12's - that will be sweet. (plus one RNP)
wtn
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 11, 2004 3:24 pm


Return to A12

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron