Page 1 of 1

SW2 stop pins: must be non conductive? *SOLVED*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:27 pm
by niccolo
Hi,
I was wondering if the stop pins of SW2 have to be non conductive.
My two J99 (not assembled by me) never had theirs, so, when putting other modules in the chassis, I've took the time to put two snips of resistor's leads into SW2's holes to act as stop pins and noticed that after this the modules have developed a very nasty buzz at the highest gain position, so I was wondering if maybe it's because of the newly installed highly-conductive self-made stop pins..
If it is so, what could be a suitable replacement?

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:41 am
by tpryan
The stop pin has no electrical function in the switch, so it can be a conductor or not. Any noise problems are probably due to grounding issues.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:00 am
by niccolo
Ok, thanks Tim.
So I will give them a better look because the hum only appears suddenly at the highest gain and has developed only after i've added the stop pin.
Maybe I could have damaged SW2 in the process of putting the faceplate back?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:19 pm
by niccolo
Well well well,
looks like this hum disappeared as soon as I've put the full chassis in his rack with the converters and everything!

Nice..