Page 1 of 1

op amp for j99 order 2?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:53 pm
by sands
probably a dumb question, but when viewing the cart it states that an op amp is required. After reading the info on the j99 I noticed it uses two op amps, is that correct? So for each j99 I build I need to order two op amps for each module. Is that correct?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:22 am
by tpryan
The J99 ships with a pair of AD797 op-amps. If you want to "upgrade" to SC99s, you need to order two per J99.

perfect thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:04 am
by sands
Ok, I see. I didn't realize that it came with two already. That is perfect-- I assume the others do as well? By that I mean the a12 comes with a standard op amp, if you want to buy the sc25 or sc10 you can, but it's not needed to complete the kit.

Is that right?

ss

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:01 pm
by tpryan
Not at the moment, but that's the plan eventually. Right now you must order an op-amp (either an SC10 or SC25) for the A12, unless of course you already have a 2520. The other modules don't require additional op-amps.

op amp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:35 pm
by sands
Perfect, thanks for the info. I think the a12 will be the choice for me. I just ordered a build your own opto comp pedal to brush up on my soldering skills. It's been a while so I want to make sure I'm good to go. I'm still not sure on the op amp, sc10 or sc25? I'm sure both will work out fine.

thanks again,

sands